Sunday 6 January 2013

Christmas Baking




 I get super excited for Christmas and went a bit mental and baked too much. I thought it would be nice to make some treats for Christmas day, so I baked some mojito cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes and a cute gingerbread house. I used the receipe from the Hummingbird Bakery book for the mojito cupcakes, which me and my brother thought tasted great but my parents weren't so keen. I then decorated them with Dr Oetkers Cupcake icing in vanilla and then used some gold flakes and some red and white chunks as well as snowmen from my White Christmas decoration pack from Lakeland.
I created a few Christmas Tree cupcakes as well just using green icing, silver and gold pearls and then a white chocolate star on the top. These were so much fun to do and I'm really happy with how they turned out.




The gingerbread house took forever but was so worth it as it tasted so good! We've still got some left two weeks later and it still tastes great. I bought a gingerbread house silicone mould from Lakeland for £11.99 which included the moulds for the tree and children. The children are a bit burnt as the gingerbread cooked faster than the recipe stated so next time I do it I won't leave it in for as long but luckily the house was fine. I decorated it with icing, jelly tots and peanut M&M's and LOADS of icing sugar to make it all snowy and cute.
I also managed to get the whole kitchen covered in icing when I tried to use the electric whisk...fail. The bowl I used wasn't deep enough so icing went every where haha.
The gingerbread took about 25mins to cook even though it said 35mins in the recipe so keep an eye on it if you're planning on making a gingerbread house and you've never done it before like me :)


I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment