Tuesday 1 January 2013

Clothes Show Live


About two weeks ago I went to the Clothes Show Live in Birmingham and I completely forgot to upload this! Anyway I just thought I'd share with everyone what I thought about it and also everything I bought.
I've been to the Clothes Show once before about 4 or 5 years ago I honestly can't remember and it was great, I loved it, the catwalk was fantastic and so was the selection of clothes and make-up.

This year I was a little disappointed. When we got there we were offered a clothes show bag and guide for £8 which also meant you could get two goody bags at the end of the day so me and my sister thought great! Yeah we'll deffo get that. And I really wish we hadn't bothered. What they didn't tell you was that everyone got a free goody bag at the end of the day so I effectively paid £8 for one goody bag and a guide which sounds okay I guess apart from when I got the goody bags. They both contained pretty much the same things which was tissues, toothpaste, perfume samples, free samples of BB cream, 2 bounty bars, a sample of firming cream, oh and 2 sanitary towels... Woop woop. All of the things in there were samples which company's gladly send you for free if you sign up to their mailing list or something. I've had loads of samples of toothpastes and BB creams for free before through the post so to say I paid £8 for more free samples was a little annoying.
We didn't go to the catwalk this year as no one in my family wanted to and I didn't want to go on my own which sucks as I think it would have been the best thing about the clothes show this year as most of the clothes stands were disappointing to say the least. There were some great clothes stands; the graduate stands, David and Goliath, Candy Kittens, Vero Moda, Drop Dead, Oh My Love and some of the vintage stands. But Drop Dead and Vero Moda had hardly any clothes to choose from. Most of the clothes stands were selling clothes similar to what you could buy from my local market and they all seemed to be selling the same crap! So the only clothes I bought were some PJ's and a t-shirt from David and Goliath.
The CSL did have some great make-up and accessories stands so I got loads of make-up and some jewellery and was still really enjoyable but just not as good as I hoped.













Models Own were selling goody bags for £10 which included any two of their nail varnish's which you got to choose from a HUGE selection. So effectively you got everything else for free as their nail varnish's are usually £5 anyway. The goody bag included:
Some small nail clippers,
2 powder eye shadows: Neon Blue and Metallic Olive
Black eyeliner pencil
Red lip liner
Peachy/Pink lipgloss
Hi- Definer Pro-Eyeliner in black
Nail art pen in black
4 eye shadow applicators
Nail varnish in Mushroom- grey/beige with no shimmer.
Nail varnish in Red/Black- really deep red looks black in most light.



I also go the Rimmel London goody bag in Glam Rock for £10. This included:

60 second nail varnish in 615 Fast & Fuchisia which is a hot pink/purple sort of blend but it isn't too bright.
Metal Rush nail varnish in 100 Pearly Queen- subtle pearl with green and purple undertones.
Precious Stones nail varnish in 001 Diamond Dust- Grey/gunmetal with lost of multicoloured glitter particles.
Scandaleyes Show Off Mascara
Trio Eye Shadow in 791 Sapphire Moonstone.
Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses lip tint/balm in 600 Carry on Cherry.



The Sleek goody bag was mega bargain! It was just £10 and included mainly full sized products, which were;
Sleek eyeshadow palette in Storm
Glo Body and Face highlighter in Bronze Baby (493)
False Eyelashes
Glossed lipgloss in Whisper (970)


Bronze Baby
Storm Palette




The Elle goody bag had a few cute things in and was only £2. This was a total bargain even though two of the items in it are only mini versions it's still a good price.
There was two Elle magazines as well as;
A mini Benefit Badgal Mascara,
Jemma Kid eyeliner,
St Tropez Everyday Body Moisturiser.






I also went to the Regal Rose stand and bought some jewellery as it was a lot cheaper than on their website and I had a 5% discount with my CSL magazine. It all came to about £19.95 when it should have been £27.
They have a great selection of jewellery on their website which I've gone and bought a few things from so I will probably do a post on those later as well.

All in all it was a good day and I'm happy with everything I got even though the clothes were a bit disappointing but it's still worth going to. Sorry this was such a long post I got a bit carried away.

No comments:

Post a Comment