Friday 23 November 2012

Lostprophets Live

 I went to see Lostprophets on the Weapons Reloaded tour again as I just couldn't wait until next year to see them again. I'm so, so, so glad I went as like they promised the set list was different so it was definitely worth seeing them again. I basically booked the tickets a week before the gig as we hadn't planned to see them again until the next tour, and it provided us with a great little road trip and a great day out in Cardiff too :)



Yet again they were so energetic and the atmosphere was insane! Everyone around me was going crazy and were loving it. And as always when Shinobi came on everyone went wild. Everything about the gig was amazing and worth every penny, they have got to be one of the best live bands I've ever seen.
Lostprophets seemed to have done everything they did wrong at Wolverhampton right at Newport. They were so energetic and interacted so much more with the crowd than they did when they played Wolverhampton a few weeks earlier, which was one of my only faults with that gig. Ian also seemed like his old self from previous concerts a few years ago, as he was joking around a lot more and seemed way more chatty, one of the things I love most about a Lostprophets gig! (apart from the music). They also said goodbye and goodnight this time unlike in Wolvo where they just walked off without saying anything so everyone was expecting an encore which was an improvement as it seemed quite strange for them to just leave.


But like in Wolverhampton there as still issues with the sound, as Ian and Luke's in ear monitors weren't working very well and you could just tell how pissed off Ian was about it to begin with, as I imagine it's pretty damn hard to sing when you can't hear yourself or the right levels of the rest of the band aren't being heard  same goes for playing drums! But Luke still stayed in time and Ian still sang in tune so all was well. Yet again during some songs you couldn't quite hear Ian enough over the rest of the band as some parts kind of got drowned out.
The venue was quite odd too it was like a sports centre turned music venue! There was a swimming pool there and we were standing in what I think was a basket ball court or something similar but it was a still a good venue if a little unusual. We were at the front next opposite Jamie and therefore right next to the speakers so we literally couldn't hear for the next few days but it was so worth it.
Roll on next year! I cannot wait for the next tour. Giving this gig 10/10 again! Wow.












Setlist:

Where We Belong
 New Transmission
Can't Catch Tomorrow
Kobrakai
Fake Sound of Progress
We Bring An Arsenal
Shinobi Vs Dragon Ninja
I Don't Know
A Better Nothing
 Last Summer
A Town Called Hypocrisy 
 Jesus Walks
Rooftops
Sway
 Bring Em Down
Everyday Combat
Last Train Home
Burn Burn.

For more pictures check out my Flickr.



1 comment:

  1. Hey, just seen your comment but I never get reply emails so thought I'd reply here :) well M&S do great cheap, bigger sized ones, some frumpy but most not surprisingly! Other than that Boux Avenue is pretty good but a bit expensive! I never got any sympathy from La Senza so I'll never shop in there again!

    ReplyDelete