Thursday 15 November 2012

Urban Decay 15 Year Palette


I bought the Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary Palette a few months ago and have only just got round to doing my review of it... But I guess that means I've used it a lot so I can give a proper and honest review.
You obviously get 15 different eye shadows in this palette and has a great choice of colours. I bought this because it basically has every colour I would need all in one palette so I don't have to take 3 or 4 palettes with me when I go on holiday or stay at someone's house just so I can do my make-up the way I like it.

I own 5 Urban Decay palettes now and this is by fair my favourite one! Although there are colours in this palette which are very similar to my other palettes especially the Naked Palette and any of the Book of Shadows palettes.



Midnight Rodeo: This is a very light brown with a lot of sparkle. There is a lot of fallout with this colour so I advise putting something under your eyes, like tissue, just to cover the underneath otherwise you'll get covered in glitter. The only problem with this colour is that you need to layer it up a bit as it's not as pigmented as the other colours.

Midnight 15: Is a really pale cream/light beige with a soft shimmer plus some glitter. It's great for highlighting your brow bones for a night out but maybe not so much in the day because of the glitter. Something like Sin from the Naked palette would be better. It's also really similar to Midnight Cowboy Rides again.

Vanilla: Is a yellowish cream colour and is similar to Midnight 15 just without the glitter. It also has a soft shimmer and would be good for highlighting which is what I use it for. It's very similar to Virgin from the Naked Palette just not quite as pale.

Flow: A light, shimmery peach colour, which is very different from other shadows I own.

Chase: Is a warm shimmer bronze colour, like a mixture of Half-Baked and Smog which are both in the Naked Palette.

Tainted: Real pale pink with a light gold shimmer, it's really pretty.

Junkshow: Is a really bright hot pink. I have no idea when I'd ever use this colour even though it looks amazing its just a bit too extreme.

Omen: Is a blue toned light purple with a light shimmer. I'm pretty sure this is my favourite colour! It's so beautiful.

Evidence: This is a deep blue, nearly navy but with some green tint too, another of my favourites.

Deep End: Is a bright turquoise/teal kind of colour and is so, so gorgeous! Yet again another of my favourites and is quite similar to Haight by UD but a little brighter and not as deep.

Deeper: A dark shimmery brown with some gold tones. Very similar to Hustle by UD.

M.I.A: This is an even darker brown, yet again with shimmer and is also very similar to Darkhorse by UD.

Ace: Is a dark grey with shimmer and to me looks exactly the same as Gunmetal by Urban Decay.

Blackout:
Is a matte jet black shadow and is super pigmented and probably the best black eyeshadow I have ever used.

Half Truth: Is a grey toned dark purple, which looks great with Omen. Also has a slight shimmer.

What I love about UD's eyeshadows is that they are always well pigmented which is why I always buy them even though some other brands do great colours too such as MAC, I never think they are pigmented as much as UD and it's always a bit of a let down.



The packaging is a bit annoying as it's very bulky and deep when it could be a lot thinner. UD have said you can reuse the box after you've finished but I don't know what on earth you'd use it for...Any suggestions please comment below 'cause I haven't got the foggiest.
So it comes in the velvet box as you can see in the picture above, which you can take the palette out of to reveal the lovely pattern on the side of the lid. There is also a mirror on the inside of the lid even though the whole of the packaging is like one huge mirror. You can take the eye shadows out of the palette but they are all joined together and I don't know what you would then store them in but it just shows that the packaging didn't need to be as bulky.
This palette was only £35 for 15 eye shadows which is think is a great price and I'm so happy I got it. All the eye shadows stay on all day and even longer if you wear a primer which will also emphasis the colour so the shadow stands out even more.

All in all I'd give this product a 9/10 purely because of the packaging and due to the fact that a lot of the browns/neutrals are similar to some from Naked and Naked 2. But other than that everything else is fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment