Friday 2 November 2012

The Almighty Lostprophets

Last night I went to see Lostprophets for the 9th time and wow were they good. Yeah you're probably thinking I'm only saying that cause I'm a huge fan, blah, blah, blah, but seriously they were fantastic!
The set list was totally different to what they usually play whereas with most bands you can guess every song that's going to be played but I was so surprised!


The first time I saw Lostprophets was at Wolverhampton 6 years ago and I love this venue, I've never been to a bad gig at the Civic Hall yet so you can properly guess how excited I was when they announced they were playing it again meaning its the 5th time I've seen them in Wolverhampton.


They played a really good mixture of songs from each album and most of them were songs they don't play too often either which was a treat. A lot of people around me were chanting for them to play "Shinobi" (even though they'd already played it WTF?), and then changed their minds and wanted them to play "Ode to Summer" which is cool but when Lostprophets did play songs from "The Fake Sound Of Progress" the people around me just fucking stood there...Why ask for songs from that album if your not gonna react? Fucking mental.




Anyway they played a mix of sing a long songs and some of the heavier stuff too which was great for a fan girl like me, I especially loved "Sway", I always love hearing that song live. So this set list is definitely the best they've ever played. Was great to here more stuff from the first album even though not everyone knows the songs. It was also the first time I've ever seen them play "Can't Get Enough" live which was really exciting. Apparently they are gonna change the set list every night which is a great idea and makes me want to go see them on this tour again even more, really wish I could.



They were all on top form last night as well, especially Luke, God is he a fucking great drummer! He always smashes it. Everyone else was incredible too, the only faults I can think of was that Ian's vocals weren't high enough in the mix and kinda got lost in some areas, which isn't the bands fault its the sound technicians. And also it would be cool if they interacted a bit more with the crowd, I know it means they can play more songs but it would have been good if they had spoken a bit more like they used to when Ian used to talk forever, bless him. I thought it was a bit weird how they just left without saying anything as it made me think they'd play an encore but they didn't which is fair enough 'cause I guess it meant they could play more songs...But those are the only negative things I can think of, all in all it was the best gig I have been to I think ever! They are such a great live band and I don't think I will ever get tired of seeing them. I can't wait to see them again.
This gig deserves 10/10, totally immense!!!



Also sorry if the photo's aren't that great, I'm 5'1" so its not too easy to get great shots unless I'm at the front.

What did you guys think, if any of you went? What was your favourite song?

Setlist from last night, not my photo I found it on Tumblr.



No comments:

Post a Comment